People Do Business with People.
You are the face of your business. That’s why having a professional headshot is essential. To a prospective client, a high quality image means a high quality experience.
Most professionals schedule a business portrait session once a year. They want to ensure their image is consistent with their current brand.
Consider hiring a clothing & hair stylist and and makeup artist. They can help you create the right look to match your brand. The clothing stylist can put together your professional look from items in your closet or accompany you on a shopping trip. The hair stylist and makeup artist will tidy up an existing style or suggest one that more closely matches your industry and brand.
Make it Easy for the Media.
In addition to getting that perfect headshot, also consider full body shots and family pictures that can be use for media interviews. Often times when magazines do feature articles, they request at least 4 photos other than a headshot. This may include a spouse, children or pet; in the studio or on location.
You may also want 3/4 or full body images for banners and signs. All of these images should capture who you are and what you do.
Tell Your Story.
Think outside the box. What clients do you want to reach? What story do you want to tell? How will you use images to accomplish your goals?
Consider using your images on
- Business Card
- Print Marketing: brochures, banners, signs, promotions, mailers, newsletters
- Digital Marketing: Profile image, website Home & About pages, email signature
- Promotions: Speaking engagements, conferences & art shows
- Bio descriptions and art catalogs
- Blogs and Magazine Articles
- Book Covers: Print and Digital
5 Steps to a Superior Image.
Whether you are ready for a full image session or a simple headshot, consider these steps:
- Hire a professional photographer, hair stylists and makeup artist.
- If you need to tweak your style, hire a professional clothing stylist to go shopping with you to pick out a few outfits that would be flattering and represents your brand.
- Select at least two looks to be photographed. Color can be good if it doesn’t distract from your face. Click here for tips on What to Wear.
- Plan on spending at least $300 for a headshot session and $500 for a full session.
- Be sure to get high and low resolution files so you can use them in print and online.
It’s important to have a visual brand that presents you at your best with expert lighting, artful editing and re-touching, with an up-to-date look. It will do wonders for your business!
Ready to invest in your professional business image? Let’s talk!
Some of these ideas were found in a Huffington Post article by Melinda Emerson.
I am a Southern California based Portrait Photographer who sees the world a bit differently.
Together, we can Capture YOUR Life, One Image at a Time!